- Chapter 2, Season 2 shows that duos will be the competition choice for Fortnite’s Champion Series (FNCS) beginning on March 20, 2020 .
- Over $5M USD will be given out over the course of four weeks of competition–a 17% increase from last season.
- Competition will be divided into two groups: PC and the console & mobile.
In a video posted to its official YouTube channel, Epic Games’ announced the prizing and competitive details for Chapter 2, Season 2 of the Fortnite Champion Series (FNCS). A total prize pool of just over $5M has been set aside for Duos competitions to be played across seven regions.
There will be two different divisions this year as PC players will compete against other PC players exclusively, while mobile and console players will compete against each other on those two platforms.
The series starts on March 20, and will run for four weeks with the Season finals taking place on April 17 and the Grand Finals on April 19.
Players who finish well can earn weekly cash prizes which vary depending on the region in which they play. Duos players can each earn up to $44K (because of splitting the total prize award) if playing in the top prized region).
Stage prizing is equal for both the PC and console groups. For three weeks the weekly top prize in Stage 1 is as follows:
- Europe $5K
- North America East $4K
- North America West and Brazil $3K each
- Asia, the Middle East and OCE $1.1K ($146.4K total)
For the season finals, the first-place team in each server will also receive a different share of the prize pool:
- Europe, $70K
- North America East, $44K
- North America West and Brazil, $17K each
- Asia, the Middle East, and OCE $10K each
Over $5M USD in prize money will be given out during this iteration of the FNCA. Last season the Fortnite Champion Series ended in December and had a $4M prize pool – a 25% increase in prize money.
Source: Read Full Article