Pokemon Go is one of several games which have had to postpone releases and events due to the devastating effects of COVID-19, which has torn through most of the planet. The game relies on people leaving their homes to retrieve Pokemon, and with these occasions now severely limited, Niantic has had to alter some of their event timings.
When is Abra community day?
Abra community day was due more than one month ago on March 15, before many countries instituted coronavirus lockdowns.
Niantic pushed back the date of the community event to this weekend, with players now able to enjoy it on April 25.
On the day, people will find increased Abra spawns for six hours, from 11am to 5pm local time, rather than the usual three, with enhanced chances of finding a shiny.
- Pokemon Go Easter event dates, times, rewards, eggs, Shiny Exeggcute
Niantic has added extra benefits to the Abra community day for participants who can complete one task.
Those who can evolve the teleporting psi Pokemon into Alakazam, its final form, will learn the fighting-type move Counter.
They can only claim the bonus if they evolve their Pokemon within two hours after the event ends.
People focussed on catching as many Abra as they can receive triple stardust for each one of their catches throughout the day.
Players will have the opportunity to buy a £1 exclusive Research Story on the day named Investigating Illusions.
Those who complete it will gain 13,000 stardust, a poffin, a pocket radar and more.
The Pokemon Go team announced it is continually adapting the game to work from a home setting during the coronavirus crisis.
Writing in the release for the Abra event, they announced Community Day has taken on a “play at home edition” which features a selection of local benefits.
Pokemon Go Battle League rewards: Check out new Niantic gameplay tips – INSIGHT
Pokemon Go Battle League countdown: Start time, dates and rewards – INSIGHT
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX Nintendo Switch REVIEW – INSIGHT
- Nintendo Direct Mini March 2020 out TODAY: Xenoblade remake, Pokemon
The team announced the following Community Day changes:
- Community Day will now run for six hours instead of the regular three
- The bonus is now 3× Catch Stardust
- Instead of Lure Modules, Incense will last for three hours during the event
- Buddy Pokémon with a Buddy Level of Great Buddy or higher will bring helpful items, such as Poké Balls, throughout the event.
- There is a one-time purchase April Community Day bundle, featuring an Elite Charged TM, 30 Ultra Balls, three Super Incubators, and three Incense for 1,280 PokéCoins
- Take a snapshot during Community Day for a surprise
While Niantic has seen success adapting Pokemon Go, it has had to forfeit some events.
They decided to cancel the 2020 Play! Pokémon competitive leagues and the Pokémon European International Championships in March.
Niantic scheduled the former to take place between June 26 and 28 in Ohio this year, and the latter from August 14 to 16 in London.
Organisers said they “can’t wait to see you and celebrate with you again” once the threat of COVID-19 has passed.
Source: Read Full Article