Final Fantasy 14 has relic weapons, special glowing weapons for each job. The Shadowbringers expansion relic weapons are all related to Bozja and the Blades of Gunnhildr.
In this Final Fantasy 14 Shadowbringers relic weapon guide, we’ll in detail how to get that beautiful endgame weapon.
Table of contents
- Relic weapons, explained
- Step 1: How to make Resistance weapons
- Step 2: How to Augment your Resistance weapons
- Step 3: How to make Recollection weapons
- Step 4: How to get Law’s Order weapons
- Step 5: How to augment your Law’s Order weapons
- Step 6: How to get your Blade weapon
Relic weapons, explained
Relic weapons are specialty weapons that look beautiful and typically have a unique glowing animation. After upgrading the weapon several times, you’ll have the best weapon in Shadowbringers as a trophy for your hard work, but the amount of work you’ll need to put forth is huge. Perform the steps over a longer timespan, rather than trying to do it quickly and burning out.
Almost all of the weapon upgrading steps involve participating in The Bozjan Southern Front, the instanced Shadowbringers area with a unique battle system. While there are alternative methods to obtain the weapon upgrade materials for lots of these steps, you’ll have to rank up in Bozja to upgrade your weapon past a certain point, so be ready for that.
There are lots of steps to get the best weapon in the expansion, and for each weapon you want, you’ll have to start from the beginning and repeat most of the steps.
Step 1: How to make Resistance weapons
These are the weapons with 485 item level and they were released in patch 5.25.
To get your first weapon:
- Complete the “Shadowbringers” main scenario quest.
- Complete the side quest “The City of Lost Angels.”
- Complete the quests “Hail to the Queen,” “Path to the Past,” “The Bozja Incident,” and “Fire in the Forge.”
For every other weapon after this, complete the quest “Resistance is (Not) Futile” as the job you want the weapon for. You need to turn in four Thavnairian Scalepowders to Zlatan. These are purchasable from the Tomestone NPC vendors, like Auriana in Revenant’s Toll and Hismena in Idyllshire, for 250 Allagan Tomestones of Poetics each.
Step 2: How to Augment your Resistance weapons
The next step involves upgrading your Resistance weapon, boosting its stats and item level up to 500. This step was added in patch 5.35.
To get the Augmented version of any of your weapons:
- Complete the “Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty” main scenario quest.
- Complete the side quests “A Sober Proposal” and “Where Eagles Nest.”
- Have your Resistance weapon from step one ready.
- Go to Zlatan in Gangos and accept the repeatable quest “For Want of a Memory.”
- Obtain and turn in 20 Tortured Memories of the Dying, 20 Sorrowful Memories of the Dying, and 20 Harrowing Memories of the Dying.
You can obtain all 60 memories as random drops from Skirmishes and Critical Engagements in The Bozjan Southern Front.
If you hate Bozja, you can also earn these from doing FATEs in Heavensward zones. The yellow Tortured Memory of the Dying is a reward for completing FATEs in Coerthas Western Highlands and the Sea of Clouds. The blue Sorrowful Memory of Dying is a reward from completing FATEs in the Dravanian Forelands and the Churning Mists. The red Harrowing Memory of the Dying is a reward from completing FATEs in the Dravanian Hinterlands and Azys Ila.
You do not need to earn the memories as the job you want the weapon for. For example, if you want the White Mage cane, you do not need to be playing as White Mage until it’s time to turn in the quest items.
Step 3: How to make Recollection weapons
The third step gives your relic weapon its iconic glow, though the item level stays at 500. This was added in patch 5.35.
To get your Recollection weapon:
- Complete the previous steps listed above.
- Start the repeatable “The Will to Resist” quest from Zlatan in Gangos.
- Turn in six Bitter Memories of the Dying.
The green Bitter Memories of the Dying are rewards from completing level 60 dungeons and as drops from enemies in Bozja. You can also get one Bitter Memory of the Dying a day from completing Leveling Roulette in the Duty Finder. Completing level 60 dungeons with your level unsynced does not reward the memories.
Just like the previous step, you do not need to be playing as the job you want the weapon for in order to get the memories.
Step 4: How to get Law’s Order weapons
Image: Square Enix via Polygon
Upgrading your weapon to a Law’s Order weapon will boost its item level to 510. This step was added in patch 5.45.
To get your next relic:
- Complete the steps above.
- Hit Resistance Rank 10 in Bozja.
- Complete the Bozja dungeon, Castrum Lacus Litore.
- Complete the side quests “A Sign of What’s to Come”, “Fit for a Queen”, and “In the Queen’s Image.”
- Accept the repeatable quest “Change of Arms” from Zlatan in Gangos.
- Obtain and turn in 15 Loathsome Memories of the Dying to Zlatan.
The gray Loathsome Memories of the Dying are rewards for beating the final boss in Castrum Lacus Litore, clearing any Crystal Tower alliance raid, and completing critical engagements in Bozja. Beating the Castrum Lacus Litore boss rewards five memories.
Similarly to the previous steps, you do not need to earn these memories while playing as the job you want the weapon for.
Step 5: How to augment your Law’s Order weapons
Augmenting your Law’s Order weapons will boost its item level to 515 and give it a special glowing effect. This part was added in patch 5.45.
To obtain the augmented version of your Law’s Order weapons:
- Complete all of the steps above.
- Accept the side quest “The Resistance Remembers.”
- Turn in the 18 Haunting Memories of the Dying and 18 Vexatious Memories of the Dying.
- Accept the repeatable quest “A New Path of Resistance.”
- Collect and turn in the 15 Timeworn Artifacts.
The pink Haunting Memories of the Dying drop from Shadow of Mhach alliance raids and FATEs in Gyr Abania. The yellow Vexatious Memories of the Dying drop from Return to Ivalice alliance raids and FATEs in the Far East.
After getting all 36 memories once, you will not have to do this part again for subsequent weapons. Doing FATEs for the memories is much faster than doing raids, but memories do not drop guaranteed from completing FATEs, so you may hit frustrating unlucky streaks.
Timeworn Artifacts drop from doing Palace of the Dead and from doing Bozja’s Delubrum Reginae raid.
Step 6: How to get your Blade’s weapon
This step gives you a 535 item level weapon and was added in patch 5.55.
To get this weapon:
- Complete all of the steps above.
- Complete the “Futures Rewritten” main scenario quest.
- Complete the “A New Playing Field” side quest.
- Start the “What Dreams are Made of” side quest from Gerolt in Gangos.
- Accept the three quests that open up: “Spare Parts”, “Tell Me a Story”, and “A Fond Memory.”
- Collect the 30 Compact Axles, Compact Springs, A Day in the Life: Battles for the Realm, A Day in the Life: Beyond the Rift, Bleak Memories of Dying, and Lurid Memories of the Dying, and turn them in. (Yes, that’s a total of 180 items!)
- Complete the quest “A Done Deal.”
- Start the repeatable quest “Irresistible.”
- Collect and turn in 15 Raw Emotion.
You can get the 180 items from Zadnor, which you’ll unlock as you complete the above steps. You can also farm these items from completing specific raids, but you won’t get rewards for doing these raids unsynced.
Once you obtain these items and turn them in, you won’t have to repeat this step when making more weapons. We’ve tabled the information below.
Final Fantasy 14 Shadowbringers Blade’s weapon material list
|Item||Zadnor location||Raid location|
|Item||Zadnor location||Raid location|
|Compact Axle||Skirmishes in Zadnor Southern Plateau||Heavensward – The First of the Father, The Cuff of the Father, The Fist of the Son, The Cuff of the Son, The Eyes of the Creator, The Breath of the Creator|
|Compact Spring||Critical Engagements in Zadnor Southern Plateau||Heavensward – The Arm of the Father, The Burden of the Father, The Arm of the Son, The Burden of the Son, The Heart of the Creator, The Soul of the Creator|
|A Day in the Life: Battles for the Realm||Skirmishes in Zadnor Western Plateau||Stormblood – Deltascape V1.0, Deltascape V2.0, Sigmascape V1.0, Sigmascape V2.0, Alphascape V1.0, Alphascape V2.0|
|A Day in the Life: Beyond the Rift||Critical Engagements in Zadnor Western Plateau||Stormblood – Deltascape V3.0, Deltascape V4.0, Sigmascape V3.0, Sigmascape V4.0, Alphascape V3.0, Alphascape V4.0|
|Bleak Memory of the Dying||Skirmishes in Zadnor Northern Plateau||Shadowbringers – Eden’s Gate: Resurrection, Eden’s Gate: Descent, Eden’s Verse: Fulmination, Eden’s Verse: Furor, Eden’s Promise: Umbra, Eden’s Promise: Litany|
|Lurid Memory of the Dying||Critical Engagements in Zadnor Northern Plateau||Shadowbringers – Eden’s Gate: Inundation, Eden’s Gate: Sepulture, Eden’s Verse: Iconoclasm, Eden’s Verse: Refulgence, Eden’s Promise: Anamorphosis, Eden’s Promise: Eternity|
The blue Raw Emotions are drops from Delubrum Reginae, The Dalriada, level 70 dungeons and Heaven on High. The Dalriada rewards three Raw Emotions and Delubrum Reginae rewards two. As with the previous steps, you will not be rewarded with Raw Emotions if you do the content unsynced.
After this, you’ll be done with your first weapon. If you liked the look from any of the steps between, you can buy a replica to use for glamour from Regana in Gangos.
Source: Read Full Article