The April 2020 Ranked Season is on us for Magic: The Gathering Arena. With it comes more ranked events and some unique tournaments for players stuck at home to compete in. Let’s take a look at everything April is bringing to Arena.
Changes coming to Magic: The Gathering Arena
Last month Arena introduced the Historic Anthology 2, 25 cards from Magic‘s history to help boost the power level of the Historic format. While we won’t get anything as powerful this time around, we do have the benefit of starting off the season with some powerful cards.
One thing to keep in mind is on April 16, Ikoria: Lair of the Behemoths. Once it does, there will be a huge influx of cards to the format, and previously established decks will likely get shaken up quite a bit. The spoiler season for Ikoria is coming soon, so make sure to keep an eye out for new powerful cards for the format to warp around.
Ranked Arena events
Like every other Arena Ranked Season, there are the regular ranked events of Ranked Play and Traditional Ranked Play. These will go on all month long and do not have an end date other than the end of the season. Don’t forget to check out our guide to the best picks while drafting Theros Beyond Death.
- Historic Ranked – Constructed
- 3/12 – 4/16
- Traditional Historic Ranked – Constructed
- 3/12 – 4/16
- Ranked Draft Theros Beyond Death – Draft
- 3/19 – 4/17
- Ranked Draft Core Set 2019 – Draft
- 3/27 – 4/3
- Ranked Draft Core Set 2020 – Draft
- 4/17 – 5/1
- Bronze: 1 Ikoria: Lair of the Behemoths booster pack
- Silver: 1 Ikoria: Lair of the Behemoths booster pack + 500 gold
- Gold: 2 Ikoria: Lair of the Behemoths booster packs + 1000 gold + Soul-Guide Lantern Card Style
- Platinum: 3 Ikoria: Lair of the Behemoths booster packs + 1000 gold + Nightmare Shepherd Card Style
- Diamond: 4 Ikoria: Lair of the Behemoths booster packs + 1000 gold
- Mythic: 5 Ikoria: Lair of the Behemoths booster packs + 1000 gold
April 2020 rewards
Here are the rewards players can earn depending on the results of a player’s placement in the Magic: The Gathering Arena April season. Even newer players can get to Gold relatively easily, so make sure to get your games in!
Rank reset tiers
Both Constructed and Limited rank results reset with each new season. The new rank is based on a player’s rank at the end of the previous season.
The April 2020 Ranked Season begins today, March 31, and ends April 30. For more Magic: The Gathering Arena news, make sure to follow Daily Esports.
Source: Read Full Article