What is expected to be the largest esports facility in Canada is expected to be completed at St. Clair College in 2022. At more than 15,000 square feet and a price tag of $23M USD, the facility will be the home for Canada’s first varsity esports program. The esports facility will be located at the school’s South Campus in Windsor, Ont.
The facility will the new home for the St. Clair Saints varsity esports team, and will also contain a classroom and a broadcast studio for the Esports Administration and Entrepreneurship Academic Program. Additionally, there will be an open gaming lab and console lounge along with a large competition stage complete with large monitors around the facility. The venue will be a multi-use facility that will host summer camps, viewing parties, and more.
The facility provides:
- 64 Gaming PCs
- Dedicated training facilities for varsity teams
- 6v6 competition stage
- Esports classroom featuring broadcast studio and the latest industry equipment
- Three dedicated VR spaces connected directly to the broadcast studio
- Five separate soundproof streaming rooms
- Console gaming lounge featuring eight stations for drop-in and play
Dubbed the Zekelman Centre of Business and Information Technology, the complex will also feature classrooms, student study areas, meeting rooms and offices for faculty. The Alumni Hall auditorium, and the esports facility are “the centerpieces of the new build.”
Source: Read Full Article