The Apex Legends System Override event countdown is on, and we're less than 18 hours away from the new event going live on PS4, Xbox One and PC.
There's a lot of skins to unlock, a new heirloom for Octane and some in-game changes that will certainly prove popular for the short time the event is available.
This new event is scheduled to begin later today, March 3, and whilst Respawn Entertainment has not specified a specific start time, fans will know all too well that these normally begin at around 6pm GMT.
However, in a welcome turn of events, the developers have revealed the patch notes for the new update a little earlier.
You'll find the complete list of changes further down, but some of the main tweaks fans might notice are several nerfs and buffs to some of the game's core characters.
As you would imagine, there's also plenty of bug fixes and on top of several new quality of life changes, like Muzzle flash adjustments and a big change to Heirloom crafting.
Apex Legends Event Countdown: System Override Start time, skins, new heirloom and more
Call of Duty Warzone: Modern Warfare's Battle Royale mode might release tomorrow
“We’re changing up the Heirloom system to make it easier for you to acquire the heirloom you want," Respawn explains.
“Instead of an entire Heirloom set dropping at once, you’ll now receive Heirloom shards. You can then use those shards to pick the exact Heirloom set you’d like.
“The shards will have the same drop rate as the previous system, so that after 500 Apex Packs, you will have enough Heirloom Shards to obtain an Heirloom set from the Heirloom shop.
“And don’t worry, your existing progress towards the 500 Apex Packs will carry over with the switch. Remember that once a player owns all of the Heirloom sets, the player will not be eligible to receive more shards until more Heirloom Sets are added to the game.”
Stay tuned for more details as we get closer to the launch of the event, in the meantime, here are the latest patch notes.
APEX LEGENDS SYSTEM OVERRIDE – PATCH NOTES
Designer note: The intent is for Bloodhound to use their tactical as they are approaching towns pre-combat versus reacting while in a fight.
- Increased the scan distance for Eye of the Allfather by 3x.
- Increased time to activate: .4s -> .8s
- Increased duration of scan: 2s -> 3s
- Gun Shield health reduced: 75 -> 50.
- Primary weapons will now automatically reload while in drone view.
- Base inventory slots increased 8 -> 10.
- Common Backpack: expands inventory to 12 slots.
- Rare Backpack: expands inventory to 14 slots.
- Epic Backpack: expands inventory to 16 slots.
- Grenade stacks reduced to 2 -> 1.
- Light / Heavy / Energy ammo stacks reduced from 80 -> 60.
- Syringe and Shield Cell stacks reduced from 6 -> 4.
- Med Kit and Shield Battery stacks reduced from 3 -> 2.
- Mag size reduced from 6 -> 5.
- Increased reload time from 2.5s -> 2.65s.
- Increased reload time with empty mag from 3.5s -> 3.6s.
- Slightly increased the scale of the blast pattern from 1.6 -> 1.7.
- Base damage increased from 65 -> 70
- Reduced time it takes to rechamber from 1.85s -> 1.75s.
- Muzzle flash adjustments:
- Reduced the intensity of muzzle flash while aiming down the sight for all weapons except shotties and snipers
- Red dot has been added to the iron sights for Prowler and L-STAR; iron sights dot will stay properly centered during weapon sway and bob movements.
- Heirloom crafting
- We’re changing up the Heirloom system to make it easier for you to acquire the heirloom you want. Instead of an entire Heirloom set dropping at once, you’ll now receive Heirloom shards. You can then use those shards to pick the exact Heirloom set you’d like. The shards will have the same drop rate as the previous system, so that after 500 Apex Packs, you will have enough Heirloom Shards to obtain an Heirloom set from the Heirloom shop. And don’t worry, your existing progress towards the 500 Apex Packs will carry over with the switch. Remember that once a player owns all of the Heirloom sets, the player will not be eligible to receive more shards until more Heirloom Sets are added to the game.
- Fixed bug for cases where Bangalore would appear invisible when equipped with certain skins. The Apex Overdrive and Killer B skins have been re-enabled now for affected players.
- For cases where sometimes Revenant’s Ultimate Totem could be destroyed or disabled when placed too close to some geometry, it will now be refunded back to the player at full charge when this happens.
- Fixed a bug for where sometimes players would enter a match with a different character than they selected and all loadouts being set back to default after the match.
- Cleaned up some areas around World’s Edge with bad collision or provided ways for players to exploit them.
- Fixed an exploit near Geyser where players could climb to a spot that provided an unfair advantage.
- Fix for cases where players were able to punch and shoot enemies clipping through doors and other areas with thin geo.
- Fixed bug for cases where full-auto mode would be disabled when players equipped the Anvil Receiver hop-up while in single-fire mode for R-301 or Flatline.
- Fix for cases where there could be a delay with firing the Havoc after cancelling a reload.
- Fixed a bug where players could place Gibraltar’s Dome Shield on Crypto’s Drone allowing the Dome to be mobile while in use.
- Fixed bug for cases where players were able to reroll Daily Challenges without being charged the Legends Tokens for reroll.
- Fixed a bug for cases where unlocking new badges would not trigger the red dot notification to make players aware a new badge is available.
- Fixed a bug where if players were respawned while spectating someone under Revenant’s death protection, they would return in that state permanently and unable to use heal items.
- Fixed players getting assist credit by using abilities that place status effects (e.g. Crypto Drone, Revenant tactical etc) on enemies after they are knocked down.
- Fixes for cases where the Store would show placeholder images when content would be slow to load.
- Fix for cases where audio from Wattson’s skydive emote would continue to play after she lands.
- Stability fixes to reduce crashing and script errors.
- Various stability and polish bug fixes for Firing Range.
Source: Read Full Article