Last month virtual reality (VR) indie developer E McNeill achieved Kickstarter success for his duelling combat title Ironlights. Today, the developer has announced the multiplatform launch date will be taking place next month whilst confirming several key features.
The success of the crowd-funding campaign not only meant useful cash to finish and polish Ironlights but also the ability to build a community to test the title before launch. “I want to give a huge thanks to everyone who backed the Kickstarter, and especially to those who’ve been playing the beta over the past several weeks. Their feedback, suggestions, and bug reports have done a lot to help us get Ironlights to the finish line,” said McNeill in a blog posting.
Ironlights will support a range of headsets including Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Valve Index at launch. McNeill has confirmed that cross-buy will be enabled between Oculus Quest and Rift on the Oculus Store, whilst all the versions support cross-play multiplayer.
The developer isn’t stopping there either. He’s already released a roadmap for future updates:
- New cosmetic options (armors, materials, etc.)
- Gameplay tweaks and balance adjustments
- Multiplayer skill tracking and handicapping system
- New single-player opponents and levels
- Cosmetic unlock system (spend coins to unlock new cosmetic options)
- Public spectator client (a 2D app for spectating multiplayer games)
- Tips page (a section in the menu for explaining advanced mechanics)
- New classes and weapons
- Improved hit reactions and damage VFX
- Revamped sound effects
- Shield shattering (instead of shields shrinking from damage)
- Revamped Campaign mode, including more difficulty options
- Training mode
Ironlights is a PvP fighter designed around fluid combat. Players are able to use a variety of physics-based weapons to parry, block, and strike down their opponent. Its unique combat system means that weapons shatter on impact, with all the action taking place in slow-motion. While the core gameplay mode is the PvP Ironlights does feature a single-player mode where players can fight to the top of the league.
E McNeill will launch Ironlights across all platforms (Steam, Oculus Quest, and Oculus Rift) on 9th April 2020. For further updates on the videogame, keep reading VRFocus.
Source: Read Full Article