Hunt: Showdown has received a major update for its PS4 and Xbox One versions, and it has brought cross-play to the online shooter. Players can now team up–or fight against–players who own the game on another system.
There’s a catch, though–right now, you can still only send invites to players on the same console as you, so cross-play between friends isn’t possible to organize just yet.
Update 1.3 has been detailed on Reddit, which explains that when searching for random partners, you can get matched with players from either console. While the game is also available on PC, this update is console-only.
Plenty of other new features have been added with this update too, including the new Grunt Doctor and Concertina Armored AI enemies, a new time of day (sunset), and some new equipment, including the Martini-Henry IC1 Marksman and the Decoy Fuses tool.
Hunt: Showdown has joined a growing list of games that support cross-play, and hopefully in the future it will be possible for players to send invites to their friends on other consoles.
Here’s are some of the highlights of Update 1.3 for consoles–check the Reddit thread for all the details.
Hunt: Showdown Update 1.3 Patch Notes
Update on previously reported issues
- We are aware that crashes have affected many player’s overall experience, and we are looking into these with the highest priority. Until now, we were not able to track the errors properly, but included with this update, we have added markers to help us identify the cause of the reported crashes mainly on PlayStation. Unfortunately, this update does not include fixes for these issues yet, but will help us tackle them much quicker and fix them as soon as possible with a Hotfix.
- Implemented various Bug fixes to reported problems.
- The DLC Bundle images appear incorrectly in the store, make sure to read the description before buying them.
- We have noticed some rendering issues on the PS4, we will keep you updated regarding this.
- New Grunt AI variation
- Carries a medical kit (similar to the ones players can find at resupply stations or randomly in the world) on his back that he drops when killed.
- Wields a rusty bone saw that causes poison damage.
- New Armored AI variation.
- Fully entangled in concertina wire, this Armored causes bleeding damage when a Hunter gets too close.
- More resistant to melee attacks in general.
- Less resistant to all types of bullets.
- Hunter Footsteps
- Adjusted the pitch of footsteps to sound slightly higher for teammates and slightly lower for enemies compared to Player footsteps.
- Slightly increased the audible distance of breaking branches that can be found in forest areas.
Mosin-Nagant M1891 Obrez Drum
- An Obrez variant that features the 15 round drum magazine known from the Avtomat variant on this classic bolt-action.
- With a 15/0 ammo pool, total ammunition remains the same however, the Obrez Drum does not need to be reloaded during a fight.
- Available in the Mosin-Nagant M1891 unlock tree within the Book of Weapons, found between the Mosin-Nagant Sniper and Mosin-Nagant Avtomat variants.
Henry-Martini IC1 Marksman
- A Martini-Henry variant with an attached medium-sized marksman scope for increased ranged capabilities.
- Available at the end of the Martini-Henry unlock tree in the Book of Weapons.
- New tool with three charges.
- Mimics a lit explosive when thrown, but does not explode or deal damage after its fuse time.
- Can be used to deceive opponents and flush them out of cover.
- Can be used to break stalemates by pushing into seemingly hazardous positions.
- New unlock option for the Deception tree in the Book of Weapons.
- Decoy Fuses play a tiny explosion sound when they explode.
- A new trait that allows lever-action rifles like the Winfield series to rapid-fire when aiming from the shoulder.
- Hard to control, but allows shots to be fired at a staggering rate of fire. Levering gives additional flexibility in close range to stand your ground against Shotguns and other rapid-fire weapons.
- Like “Fanning” for single-action revolvers, Levering does not work when aiming down sights (ADS).
- Reworked Chaos Bomb patterns and added more weapon sounds for it to be more likely interpreted as real gunfights.
- Improved handling of successive heavy melee attacks for some bayonet and talon variants.
- Improved handling of successive heavy melee attacks for the crossbow.
- Systemically – just like with Levering – Fanning now also causes slightly increased crosshair spread bloom compared to when firing it normally.
- Consistency pass made on the time it takes to get 100% accuracy when entering scope view across all aperture, deadeye, marksman and sniper weapon variants.
- Derringer, Throwing Knives, Decoys and Blankfire Decoys are now 100% refilled when their tool slot is randomly chosen for resupply upon looting a dead Hunter or using an Item Box. All other items still only receive one extra use per interaction.
- Reduced the stamina cost for Heavy Attacks with the Knuckle Knife to allow 6 instead of 4 heavy attacks
New Legendary Weapons
- Added Caldwell Conversion Chain Pistol “Hedera Mortiferum” – 0 Blood Bonds (free for all players!)
- Added Cavalry Saber “Mot Juste” – 400 Blood Bonds
- Added Martini-Henry IC1 “Long Hand” – 400 Blood Bonds
New Legendary Hunters:
- Added “Redneck” – 500 Blood Bonds
- Optimized the Banishment assets
- Optimize character spawning (first character spawn stall)
- Added controller shortcuts for buy, sell and sell all in Equipment screen
- Added shortcut for “Skip” and “Play” in Training screen
- Added the ability to change the cursor’s speed, found in the HUD settings.
Source: Read Full Article