A new Minecraft Java Snapshot was released this week with plenty of new features and changes to the games current snapshot.
What is a snapshot we hear you (potentially) ask? Well, it's a bit like a testing ground for the game.
Before any build of the game is rolled out to the Bedrock Edition – which is the default version of the game for PS4, Xbox One, Windows PC, Nintendo Switch and mobile – it's tested on the Minecraft Java Edition version of the game.
It's a bit like how Overwatch, The Division 2 and PUBG has a PTR for testing before releasing to the general public.
Well, a brand new version was released on Wednesday and it introduced a few new features for players to test out, along with numerous bug fixes.
The official blog entry from the Minecraft team also outlined some big changes coming to Redstone. If you're one of the many players who enjoys experimenting with Redstone, it's worth following the link for a better look at what the team intends to change in the future.
The crux of the message though, is that the team wants to "bring all redstone components up to a level of quality that we are happy with" equally they mention that moving forward they "will be making adjustments where it makes the most sense for redstone going forward."
As we said, follow the link for more details.
Below you'll find a complete rundown of what's new in this update.
Is Minecraft shutting down? Mojang respond to 2020 Server shutdown rumours
Minecraft 20W11A Snapshot Patch Notes
NEW FEATURES IN 20W11A
- Added Soul Speed enchantment
- Added Twisting Vines that grow upwards
- Nether gold ore can now be found in the nether – it is just like gold ore, but more Nether-y
Never suffer again drudging through Soul Sand Valleys – Soul Speed has you covered!
- Shine your boots of choice with this soul-sucking enchantment to speed around on Soul Sand and Soul Soil!
- There's a downside, however: enchantments will slowly degrade your boots each Soul block you walk on
- Can only be obtained by bartering with those pesky Piglins
CHANGES IN 20W11A
- Bone meal can now be used to grow kelp, weeping vines and twisting vines
- Hoes are now the appropriate tools for mining Hay, Targets, Dried Kelp Blocks, Shroomlights, Nether Wart Blocks and Warped Wart Blocks
- Doors, rails, buttons, pressure plates, redstone and more can now be placed on soulsand and full-block of snow layers
- Soul sand with a rail on top will no longer slow-down minecarts
- TNT and Campfires will now ignite when hit by any burning projectile
- Bell blocks will now ring when hit by any projectile
TECHNICAL CHANGES IN 20W11A
- minecraft:soul_speed_blocks is any block that the Soul Speed enchantment increases speed on
- New particle type: soul
Minecraft Nether Update Release Date: Major download news revealed with new biomes
FIXED BUGS IN 20W11A
- MC-81659 – Fireball and witherskull hitboxes are frequently invisible for some seconds
- MC-134900 – server.properties generator-settings for level-type FLAT not implemented; property is stored in ignored flat_world_options NBT
- MC-145140 – Fireballs cannot be interacted with when summoned
- MC-146928 – Can’t place doors, rails, buttons, pressure plate, redstone, etc. on soul sand
- MC-148935 – Zombies with no AI still convert into drowned
- MC-171079 – Comparators no longer work as expected reading containers through powered blocks
- MC-171860 – Nether fossils have code implying an unimplemented /locate function
- MC-172266 – Crossbow wielding piglins do not properly walk backwards to target the player when very close
- MC-172323 – Game crashes when summoning a hoglin with the attack damage attribute set to 0 or giving a hoglin weakness with a very high level (255)
- MC-172374 – Can teleport to invalid y coordinates and crash the game
- MC-172428 – Piglins and hoglins don’t look at their target
- MC-172470 – When the piglin holds the bow, it will try to attack and follow the enemy eventually stood there not moving
- MC-172530 – Piglins indefinitely stand around dropped golden items if mobGriefing is disabled
- MC-172903 – Piglins which convert into zombified piglins delete armor if equipped
- MC-173156 – Z-fighting at bottom of potted bamboo; bottom texture of bamboo is exposed
- MC-173167 – Netherite sword/tools not sorted with other swords/tools
- MC-173180 – Hoglins are not scared of Warped Fungus in flower pots
- MC-173219 – No sound when climbing weeping vines
- MC-173243 – Crying obsidian is movable by pistons
- MC-173283 – Piglin admiring held gold ingot doesn’t drop it when killed
- MC-173302 – Crying Obsidian can be harvested with any pickaxe
- MC-173384 – Crying obsidian can be destroyed by the Ender Dragon
- MC-173433 – Killing a baby Hoglin doesn’t yield experience
- MC-173462 – Baby piglins can hold soul fire torches
- MC-173467 – Piglins admiring bartering gold ingot drop nothing when converting to Zombified Piglin
- MC-173484 – Death message from falling off a trapdoor does not mention it by name
- MC-173485 – Death message from falling off scaffolding does not mention it by name
- MC-173706 – NullPointerException in server tick loop when trying to load a flatland world with Nether biome
- MC-173725 – Anvil name field doesn’t automatically receive focus anymore and is unclickable
- MC-173731 – Fire and soul fire play a sound and produce particles when extinguished
- MC-173732 – Fire and soul fire do not have loot tables
- MC-173739 – Missing sound for event: minecraft:block.smithing_table.use
- MC-173766 – Thrown tridents disappear after hitting and damaging a mob or entity
- MC-173776 – Hoes do not mine targets faster
- MC-173792 – End gateways don’t work using enderpearls
- MC-173858 – Unable to set “LeftHanded” to “1b” for piglins
Latest Games News
Source: Read Full Article