Xbox head Phil Spencer says that more news on the next big Xbox event ” should ” be coming in August, after speaking to iJustine’s Same Brain podcast. Discussing the backwards compatibility work currently being done for the Xbox Series X, Spencer confirmed that the event (which may also reveal Xbox Series X pricing and an official launch date) is coming.
“I am encouraged to be able to talk more about [Microsoft’s Xbox plans]…should be August. I think August we’ll have more to say,” Spencer said.
As for Sony, it’s currently headed into the next-generation of console gaming with a two-pronged approach, as the PlayStation 5 will be available in a more traditional model with a disc-drive and a disc-free version aimed at consumers who have begun to embrace the digital adoption of content.
Last week’s Xbox Series X event had plenty to show, including a new deep dive into Halo: Infinite, official confirmation that Forza Horizon studio Playground Games was working on a new entry in the Fable series, and more footage of The Medium and its unique dual-reality horror gameplay. Several new games were also revealed, ranging from interactive adventure Dusk Falls and Obsidian’s expansive RPG Avowed.
Xbox Series X
- Xbox Game Pass xCloud Integration Could Be A Death Blow To Stadia
- Halo Infinite Visuals Will Get "Better And Better" Leading Up To Launch, Says Microsoft
- STALKER 2 Announced For Xbox Series X With New A Trailer
- Halo Infinite Multiplayer Makes Grappling Hook A Pickup, 4-Player Split-Screen Confirmed
- Xbox Series X Event Reveals New Warhammer 40K Game From Vermintide Dev
- Halo Infinite Gameplay Debuts At Xbox Series X Stream
- New Fable Announced During Xbox Event
- Xbox Games Showcase Livestream With Pre and Post Show (July 2020)
- New Forza Motorsport Revealed For Xbox Series X
- Microsoft Reportedly Indicates Xbox Series X Release Date Is In November
Source: Read Full Article