One of the coolest new weapons to come to Destiny 2 in the Season of Arrivals is the Falling Guillotine, a huge blade that looks like Cloud Strife’s Buster Sword and sports a spin attack like you’re imitating Link from The Legend of Zelda. Falling Guillotine is a favorite for eliminating big boss-type creatures at the moment–and it seems part of what made it so good was a bug in how it dished out damage. Destiny 2’s latest update did away with the bug, but thankfully, Falling Guillotine seems relatively unscathed.
Bungie outlined the details of its new Destiny 2 patch, Update 2.9.1, on its website, and the patch fixes a whole bunch of bugs. One of them was the fact that “Vortex Frame swords” like Falling Guillotine weren’t seeing their Heavy attacks ending properly–so they were dishing out more damage than they should have.
That bug has been squashed, along with a bunch of others. The good news is, despite what should effectively be a nerf to Falling Guillotine, the sword is still fully capable of ravaging enemies, including the champions who appear during the Contact event. That’s a favorite way to use the sword right now, and it still works beautifully.
Destiny 2 News And Guides
- Destiny 2: Where Is Xur July 17-21? Exotic Weapons And Armor Location
- Destiny 2 Beyond Light Release Date Delayed To November
- Destiny 2 Ruinous Effigy: How To Do The Growth Exotic Quest Fast
- Destiny 2 Cross-Play Is On The Roadmap, But Not This Year
- Destiny 2 Offers Free PS5 And Xbox Series X Upgrades
Check out the full list of fixes and changes below.
Contact Public Event
- Fixed an issue where players could collect and deposit 15 motes prior to unlocking the Umbral Mastery II gift on the Prismatic Recaster.
- Increased Glimmer rewards in Trials of Osiris.
- Fixed an issue where Nightmare Hunts could grant more Season of Arrivals rewards than intended.
- The following raids no longer have weekly reward limits from main encounters:
- Eater of Worlds
- Spire of Stars
- Crown of Sorrow
- Scourge of the Past
- Note: Secret Chests will continue to have weekly lockouts
- All armor from the above listed Featured Raids has been updated to use the Season of Arrivals infusion cap.
- Last Wish and Garden of Salvation raid weapons and armor have been updated to use the Season of Arrivals infusion cap.
- Fixed an issue where the Heavy Hitters Triumph was not properly tracking which Contact event bosses had been defeated.
- Fixed an issue where the Season of the Worthy Rank Stat Tracker was not appearing properly.
- Fixed an issue where players had the Guardian Games quest in their inventory well after Titans completely dominated the event.
- Hunters are still pretty sad about it.
- Fixed an issue where there was inconsistent use of weapon and ammo types in High-Stakes Heist quest steps.
- Fixed an issue where Seraph weapons were not counting towards Sleeper Simulant catalyst quest progression.
- Fixed a rare crash with Anarchy.
- Fixed an issue with Umbral Enhancements III that was preventing Cold Denial and Falling Guillotine from getting an additional trait.
- Fixed an issue with Vortex Frame Swords where the Heavy attack wasn’t ending properly over the network.
- Fixed an issue where various Season of Arrivals weapons are missing collections entries.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing Season of the Worthy Seasonal Armor Mods from having a chance to be purchasable on Banshee-44.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing players from purchasing the Unflinching Machine Gun mod from Banshee-44.
- Added the ability for Season of Arrivals armor to use Charged with Light mods from Season of Dawn.
- Corrected some incorrect armor mod icons for several Season of Arrivals mods.
- Corrected incorrect perk descriptions for two Season of Arrivals mods – Reactive Pulse (formerly Font of Light) and Radiant Light – to correctly match their functionality.
- Added the Season of Arrivals mod socket to the pieces of the EDZ destination armor set that did not have them.
- The Unstoppable Pulse Rifles artifact mod will no longer cause non-Pulse Rifle damage to stagger Unstoppable Champions while aiming down sights of a Pulse Rifle.
- The Rival Warlock Ghost Shell from Guardian Games will now show Ghost Projections.
- Fixed an issue where the Unstoppable Pulse Rifle mod icon was displaying a Scout Rifle.
- Fixed a bug that affected aim assistance when shooting through Barricades using Citan’s Ramparts.
- The header for the Flair section of Eververse now displays the correct text.
- Updated the description for “Toggle Sprint.”
- Updated description of Exotic Engrams on Xûr, as players may now purchase more than one on a given a week using an Exotic Cypher.
- Fixed an issue where subtitles for Season of Arrivals Drifter dialogue could misgender players as “brother” even when using female character.
- Adjusted Strike weekly bounty pool for the Seasonal focus.
- Scorn, Cabal, Vex, and Fallen variations should no longer appear during Season of Arrivals.
- Fixed an issue where the first sleeper node “CB.NAV/RUN.()Dynamo.Approach.Arch” was not appearing for players attempting to complete the Nascent Dawn Exotic quest.
GAMEPLAY AND INVESTMENT
Source: Read Full Article