A new Call of Duty Modern Warfare update has gone live today and includes some interesting news for COD Warzone gamers.
Developers Infinity Ward has confirmed that Solo Mode has been added to Call of Duty Warzone today, expanding the Battle Royale mode further.
At launch, Warzone only provided the option to play in teams of three, although they did also make it possible to drop into the map with just one other team mate, or by yourself.
But this meant facing off against trios by yourself and clearly provided a problem for COD fans who like to play solo.
Today’s Modern Warfare update changes all that and makes it possible to play the game against individuals, rather than groups.
COD Warzone gamers now have a new option and that also provides the promise of other modes dropping later in March and in April.
A lot of Battle Royale gamers are waiting for for a quads option to be added to the game, making it easier to play in bigger groups.
It doesn’t appear that the rules of Call of Duty Warzone will change much with the release of Solo Mode, and Activision has provided a clear rundown of how things will work.
These have been listed in the new Modern Warfare patch notes and the first details regarding Solo Mode can be found below:
“In Solos, you drop into Verdansk alone with Battle Royale rules. That means no squadmates, no friends – only you and a pistol with a few bullets. Think of this as Free-For-All in a traditional Call of Duty game, but on a massive scale.
“As you loot, complete Contracts, and survive against up to 149 other players, the circle collapse will roll in just as it does in a normal Battle Royale. The Gulag will still welcome in prisoners of the Warzone, but if you die in that 1v1 Gunfight, forget any form of redeployment – you’re out for good.”
Adding: “When you hit the ground, intel becomes the most powerful weapon for survival. Along with paying attention to the Tac Map and Compass, be especially thorough about finding, and equipping, reconnaissance tools such as the Recon Drone, Heartbeat Monitor, and UAV. The last of these tools can be bought through Buy Stations, which are active during this mode.
“Speaking of Buy Stations, you can also still buy Self-Revive Kits or find them in Verdansk. Keep this in mind when fighting other Operators; usually, they will instantly die after being reduced to zero health, but if they have a kit, they have the chance to jump back up and get their revenge. With that in mind, always ensure you have a confirmed kill before turning your attention towards the next firefight.
“Finally, Solos is a great way to practice the fundamentals of Warzone. Solo games are a good option for players who want to train up on weapons, equipment, perks and map knowledge. With only your senses and your HUD to rely on, a Solos match can offer a trial-by-fire that can provide plenty of learning experiences for your future drops.”
FULL PATCH NOTES FOR MARCH 17 MODERN WARFARE AND WARZONE UPDATE:
- Cranked Kill Confirmed
- Mercenary Moshpit
- Atlas Superstore 24/7 (10v10) “Doorbuster 24/7”
- Gunfight is now St. Patrick’s Day themed!
- Solo Mode! That’s right. Just you.
- Fix for a rare bug where players could have increased movement speed after coming out of the Gulag and back into the game
- Fixed a bug where players may find their weapon in a stowed position and are unable to reload or use their weapon
- In some cases, players could become stuck under Buy Stations when prone. This has been fixed
- The Threat UI could disappear from the screen if players complete a contract while they are being hunted from a Bounty Contract. This has been fixed
- Updated text to “Redeploy Squadmate” to make it a little more obvious on screen when you can buy back a teammate
- Fix for the last objective in the “Boats and Trains” Mission not tracking as intended
- Kills are now credited to the player who downed the enemy player.
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to shoot while downed
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to deposit cash using balloons if their settings were set to “Contextual Tap”
- Fixed a bug where players were able to clip into the walls in the Hospital
Source: Read Full Article