The latest Nintendo Switch firmware update is available now. Update 10.0.0 is the most substantial Switch update we’ve seen in some time, adding a handful of new features that users have wanted for a while–including the potentially game-changing option to remap your controller’s buttons.
In the Controllers and Sensors options in System Settings, you’ll be able to configure Joy-Cons and Pro Controllers, customizing the button configurations how you see fit. You’ll be able to do the same with a Switch Lite, saving five different configurations depending on your preferences.
This is ideal if the default controls in a certain game don’t match with your preferences, or if you just want to make sure that ‘A’ now jumps in games that ask you to press ‘B’. It’s a handy feature to have for when individual games don’t allow you to configure the controls within them.
Several new features have been added, including the ability to bookmark items in the “News” screen, and an option to move data between your system memory and the SD card easily. This means that if you need to free up some space, you can move smaller games from your card onto the internal memory, for instance.
New icons from Animal Crossing: New Horizons have also been added for user profiles.
Here are the complete notes for Nintendo Switch system update 10.0.0. As usual, you can download it through your console by going into the System Settings and picking “System Update,” or you’ll be prompted to download it if you try to access the Eshop.
Nintendo Switch System Update 10.0.0
Added a bookmark feature to News.
This feature allows you to bookmark your favorite news items.
- A maximum of 300 news items can be bookmarked.
- An internet connection is required to view bookmarked News items.
- News items that are no longer available cannot be viewed, even if they were bookmarked.
Added an option to transfer software data between the system memory and an SD card.
- Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa).
- Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD card.
Added an option to remap the controller buttons.
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
- Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
- This feature is not available for other controllers.
- On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.
Added a new section in User Settings for Play Activity Settings.
- The options for “Display play activity to:” and “Delete Play Activity” have been moved from Friends Settings to the new Play Activity Settings.
Added new selections to the lineup of user profile icons.
- Select from 6 new icons from the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game for your user.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience.
Nintendo Switch News & Announcements
- Lawsuit Against Nintendo Switch Seeks To Halt Sales Of The Console
- Nintendo Switch Is Sold Out Everywhere, Drastically Increasing Prices
- Where To Buy A Nintendo Switch Right Now
- The Best Nintendo Switch Games Of All Time
- Best Nintendo Switch Games Under $20
Source: Read Full Article