Queen Of Pain has long been a popular Dota 2 hero. She brings everything necessary to win a game, which is what makes her so strong. This ranged intelligence hero is extremely mobile and prefers the Midlane role to others. Her high mobility enables her to join her allies in sidelanes and kill enemies, easing the laning phase.
Later in the game, she acts as a surprise element due to her blink, as well as the burst damage caused by her high magic damage. She has a variety of item builds, allowing her to deal with any matchup. In this article, we’ll discuss tips and tricks for performing better than ever and having a greater impact on the game’s outcome using her.
Queen of Pain’s Abilities
She throws a poisoned dagger at the enemy, which deals damage and slows the target for a duration.
- Shadow Strike does not pierce Spell Immunity, which means that if your opponent purchases a Black King Bar or gains Spell Immunity through abilities, you will be unable to strike them with Shadow Strike while those spells are active. Heroes like Lifestealer and Juggernaut have a spell that grants them Spell Immunity.
- Because the Shadow Strike projectile speed is slow, your enemies can dodge it with abilities like Blink and Sleight of Fist. If you want to make it more difficult for an opponent to avoid this ability, use the “S” key trick, “Fake Casting technique.” Due to the cast animation associated with this ability, when you attempt to cast it on an enemy, they will blink out or activate their Spell Immunity ability to avoid it. Therefore, when the cast animation is about to end, press “S” to stop it, and if your opponent used their ability to avoid it, cast Shadow Strike on them the next time they come forward while their spells are on cooldown.
- If you’re facing a ranged hero, it’s best to get Scream Of Pain rather than Shadow Strike, as this ability has a limited cast range and they can easily punish you with physical attacks or abilities if you get too close to cast it.
- Shadow Strike is a potent harassment ability that, when used twice, can easily kill a Support, but it is not without flaws. Units with less than 25% health that are subject to the Shadow Strike effect can be denied by allies, resulting in no gold gain from their death.
- If you cast this ability on the same target twice while the duration of the first one is still active, the second one will refresh the duration while dealing initial damage and slowing their movement.
- Queen Of Pain has a talent that increases the radius of this ability by 525, allowing you to hit all units within that radius. It can help you push lanes faster and hit more enemy heroes with Shadow Strike.
She can teleport a distance by using this ability.
- Certain projectile abilities, such as the stun of the Wraith King, can be avoided using Blink.
- Queen Of Pain can only Blink in the direction she is facing prior to using it, which means you cannot Blink behind your enemies while not facing them.
- You can use this ability to chase down enemies or to escape from a fight, depending on the situation. However, if you don’t have map awareness, this ability can be punishing. For example, if you are pursuing an enemy and Blink on them, you will almost certainly die if their allies arrive to assist. This is largely due to the lack of any other escape mechanism combined with your low armor and HP pool. Even if you Blink out of a fight, a skilled opponent can anticipate your escape and may catch you off guard.
- If your opponent has high mobility and can chase you down, try blinking on cliffs or trees to confuse the enemy as to where you have blinked.
- Aghanim’s Shard allows Queen of Pain to release a sonic boom. It triggers at both the beginning and end of your Blink. It silences opponents and inflicts damage on them.
Scream of Pain
She deals damage to every unit around her.
- This ability can interrupt channeling items such as Meteor Hammer and Teleportation.
- Queen of Pain is capable of killing enemy units that are invisible or hidden in the fog of war. If you are against invisible heroes and are aware of their location, you can use Scream of Pain to eliminate them.
- The only farming ability available to Queen Of Pain is Scream of Pain. You can use it to hit heroes, but it’s a little risky against range heroes due to the close proximity requirement.
- This ability cannot pierce Spell Immunity, which means that your opponents will be unaffected if they activate the Black King Bar or other Spell Immunity-granting abilities.
She sends a massive sound wave in the direction she is facing, dealing significant damage.
- This ability’s damage type is pure, which means the opponent cannot reduce the damage with magic resistance. Additionally, this ability pierces Spell Immunity, which means that it will deal damage to enemies who have activated the Black King Bar or other abilities that grant Spell Immunity.
- Sonic Wave knocks enemies back when this ability hits them. As a result, it can be used as a defensive ability. If you need to disengage from a fight, you can use this ability on enemies and Blink out.
- Knocked back units can still cast spells and hit if you’re still in range. It also doesn’t interrupt the channeling abilities.
- Sonic Wave has a cast effect and a travel distance, so enemies can dodge it by blinking or leaping if they are quick enough.
- Aghanim’s Scepter increases the damage and decreases the cooldown of Sonic Wave.
Queen of Pain’s Ability Build
If you’re facing a ranged hero, we recommend picking up Scream Of Pain on the first level to easily eliminate creeps. If you get Shadow Strike at level one, they can hit you as you approach them to cast this spell, which is not worth the risk and the damage you take. Naturally, you can add levels to Shadow Strike at any point during the game. The most popular Ability build is shown below.
Queen of Pain’s Talent Tree
The Talent Tree is determined by your opponent’s matchup and allies. If you lack sufficient physical damage and wish to compensate, you can purchase items that increase your physical damage, but you should choose a Talent Tree that corresponds to your items. If your team requires burst damage combined with magic damage, you should select talents that boost your magic damage and itemize accordingly.
Queen of Pain’s Difficult Matchups
Anti-Mage: When you cast Shadow Strike, he can use Counterspell to return it to you while also providing him with magic resistance, allowing him to take less damage from your spells except for Sonic Wave. His Blink will assist him in catching up to you. Furthermore, if you are low on mana, his Mana void will deal massive damage to you. You should use the Fake Casting Technique with the “S” key to deal with Counterspell. If your farm is superior to Anti- Mage’s, you can purchase Orchid to hunt him down; otherwise, defensive items such as Eul’s of Scepter Divinity and Linken’s Sphere will be required.
Legion Commander: If this hero purchases Blink, she poses a serious threat to Queen of Pain. If she duels you, you will be unable to escape or even cast spells, and she will be able to kill you during the duel due to Press the Attack’s high attack speed. Legion Commander can also remove negative buffs such as Shadow Strike using Press the Attack, allowing her to survive even without Blink against Queen of Pain. Aeon Disk and Linken’s Sphere are two defensive items against Legion Commander.
Puck: Phase Shift enables this hero to avoid Shadow Strike, Scream of Pain, and Sonic Wave. Puck can use Waning Rift to silence Queen of Pain and prevent you from casting spells. For the duration of Dream Coil, Puck’s Dream Coil also prevents you from running away or blinking out. Queen of Pain can purchase Eul’s Scepter Of Divinity to survive; if she requires a higher chance of survivability, she can later upgrade it to Wind Waker to escape Dream Coil or purchase Aeon Disk.
Meepo: With his Earthbind, he can keep you from blinking away and, with the help of his clones, he can also extend the duration. He only needs a few Poof to kill you due to your low HP pool. If Meepo catches you, you will almost certainly die; however, if the player is not skilled enough, items such as the Aeon Disk, Force Staff, and Eul’s of Scepter Divinity may aid you.
Skywrath Mage: His Ancient Seal, which can silence enemies, has a fairly long cast range. His first item is the Rod of Atos, which can root you and keep you from moving. Following the use of Ancient Seal to prevent you from blinking away, Skywrath Mage can cast Rod of Atos and Mystic Flare; this combo is sufficient to kill Queen of Pain due to her low HP pool. Linken’s Sphere and Eul’s Divinity Scepter are both defensive items against Skywrath Mage.
Queen of Pain’s Strong Matchups
Enchantress: She is vulnerable to heroes who deal a lot of magic damage, like Queen of Pain.
Huskar: Queen of Pain can use Berseker’s Blood to her advantage and instantly kill Huskar with a Scream of Pain and Sonic Wave combo, as Berseker’s Blood grants Huskar massive attack speed while he is low on health, and Huskar thrives on being low on health.
Slark: Sonic Wave and Scream of Pain are still capable of killing him while performing Shadow Dance. Additionally, Slark is a vulnerable hero to magical attacks. He can, however, dispel Shadow Strike, but this is insufficient to ensure his survival.
Tinker: You can prevent him from blinking into the trees and escaping if you cast Shadow Strike. Because of his low HP pool, Tinker is an easy target for Queen of Pain. His Laser will have little effect on you because your primary strength is in your abilities, not in your attack damage.
Queen of Pain’s Best Allies
Axe: He can catch multiple enemy heroes with his Berserker’s call, allowing you to use Sonic Wave on them all.
Dark Seer: His Vacuum enables you to hit multiple enemies with a single Sonic wave, and his Surge allows you to escape while your Blink is on cooldown.
Enigma: His Blackhole enables you to target multiple enemies simultaneously with your spells.
Lifestealer: He can Infest you, and the two of you can run around the map looking for and killing enemies. Lifestealer lacks mobility, which you resolve for him.
Source: Read Full Article